Call us Artist or call us Engineers, there seems to be many of us, like myself, that can direct our creativeness in a positive way. I see them more and more at craft shows and on the web. People are taking used and discarded items and giving them a new life, a new purpose. Upcycling provides uniqueness in a progressive way and can be more resourceful than recycling .

My mission with A Creative Shade of Green is to impose the idea that you really can create quality from something old or discarded by promoting those who have dedicated themselves to inventively reusing what they find or have.

I would like to present my ideas as well as others like myself that share a similar mission. Hence…

A Creative Shade of Green

Monday, September 5, 2011

Another creative t-shirt upcycler!!

Live Learn and Improve

Recyling artist Emily Kircher of ekra creates and array of beautiful rugs that display more than just a shade of Green. Try every color in the rainbow.
























Since dyes are not used, Emily of ekra says that one of her biggest obsticals can be finding certain colors. 
I think that one thing that makes these upcycling projects so challenging is the fact that you are at the mercy of what you have. Without a doubt Emily has a strong-hold on how to make her rugs stand out with the colors available to her.


I love making rugs. I love just about everything about it, shopping for fabric, designing, combining fabrics to create effects. - ekra



  My motivation for making rugs from recycled fabrics is two-fold. First, to take a tiny bit of fabric waste out of the waste stream and remake it into something useful. Second, to educate people that unwanted fabrics can have a second life as something else and that if they don't want them, to please donate them to a thrift store so they can be used again. -ekra

Emily began selling her rugs in 2004 after years of perfecting her technique. 
These are available for purchase in her etsy shop, and consignsment shops which she has listed on her blog.





1 comment:

Maiden Jane said...

I love Emily's work! She is an amazing artist!