Call us Artist or call us Engineers, there seems to be many of us, like myself, that can direct our creativeness in a positive way. I see them more and more at craft shows and on the web. People are taking used and discarded items and giving them a new life, a new purpose. Upcycling provides uniqueness in a progressive way and can be more resourceful than recycling .

My mission with A Creative Shade of Green is to impose the idea that you really can create quality from something old or discarded by promoting those who have dedicated themselves to inventively reusing what they find or have.

I would like to present my ideas as well as others like myself that share a similar mission. Hence…

A Creative Shade of Green

Monday, August 22, 2011

mrTEDI upcycled from unwanted mens button-up shirts

Live Learn and Improve


Meet Mrs Jermyn. Her creativeness is evident right away.

This artist is from Finland and has transpired from a family well versed in textiles.  Mrs Jermyn found herself exploring the world of design which landed her in Brooklyn, New York and is where mrTEDI transpired.
Mrs Jermyn has taken unwanted menswear shirts and upcycled them to adorable teddy bears. These bears posses unique character that stems from the shirt they are sewn from AND are a greener alternative to the landfill. 

 mrTerry's
my kind
of Bear
I think I'd like to see a new Reduce Reuse spokesperson. mr. Green maybe. I don't know, clever names are not my thing but you know what I mean.
Enjoy!!

No comments: