Call us Artist or call us Engineers, there seems to be many of us, like myself, that can direct our creativeness in a positive way. I see them more and more at craft shows and on the web. People are taking used and discarded items and giving them a new life, a new purpose. Upcycling provides uniqueness in a progressive way and can be more resourceful than recycling .

My mission with A Creative Shade of Green is to impose the idea that you really can create quality from something old or discarded by promoting those who have dedicated themselves to inventively reusing what they find or have.

I would like to present my ideas as well as others like myself that share a similar mission. Hence…

A Creative Shade of Green

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Upcycled Dinner Napkins Don't Ever Have To Leave the Dining Table

Live Learn and Improve

Another project of my own...

I've decided we need seat cushions for the kitchen chairs. So this is what I've come up with using old dinner napkins including the tye-strings and buttons from my old cushions. You will finds stains on these from time to time. None on these but there is always the option of dying the fabric if it is mildly tarnished.  

Pioneerthinking.com has a neat article on dying fabric the natural way with things found frequently just outside your door.

You could keep this simple and use two of the same napkins (same print front and back) or you can explore with a different fabrics on each side of the pillow. This will allow you to stretch your pattern throughout the house a little bit farther and my personal opinion is that the end result is often more creative.

One thing I love about projects like this is they have the potential be so personal when you use material you have had for years!


No comments: